As this year is ending, many of us are looking forward to what 2015 brings. I’ve been busy using my new nifty Day Designer to plan out goals and intentions for the new year. But it is a little bittersweet for me to say goodbye to one of the best years I’ve ever had. 2014 was a year of new beginnings where I:
- married the Brit, who tops my list of favorite human beings
- made a career change from finance to freelance photography (what took me so long?!)
- paid off my student loan debt from undergrad & graduate school that once neared 6 digits
- got my 1st commission to shoot a cookbook (absolute dream come true)
- became an aunt to an extremely smoochable niece (my whole family is obsessed with her)
- traveled to Venice, Denmark, Japan, Korea and throughout Portugal for the first time
I have been incredibly lucky and hope it extends into the new year. My focus is to continue to take on new photography projects and travel more extensively around the UK and Europe (it’s embarrassing how little I’ve seen in the four years of living in London). I also want to dedicate more time to personal projects in the arts. It’ll be interesting to see how I measure up this time next year. The pressure is on! What are you most excited for in 2015?
I’ll end this post with a few images from my travels this year. The first one is my particular favorite only because it makes me laugh. Have a wonderful 2015 all!