Three cheesecakes made in two weeks. I can’t seem to help myself when I come upon a foolproof recipe that doesn’t require many ingredients. For those of you who have a soft spot for cheesecake you can’t go wrong with Nigella’s no-bake cherry cheesecake recipe. If you’re looking to zest it up a little then I invite you to try my no-bake lemon cheesecake. This recipe is completely inspired by Nigella’s but packs a lot more zing.
4 oz graham crackers
3 oz softened butter
11 oz cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cream cheese light)
2 oz confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice of 2 lemons
zest of 1 lemon
9 fl oz heavy cream
- Crumble the graham crackers in a food processor. Once there are no large chunks left throw in the softened butter and blitz until mixed.
- Spread the mixture in an 8 inch springform pan. Apply some pressure to pack in the base or else it’ll be on the crumbly side. Stick in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice & zest in a large bowl and whisk until smooth with a handheld mixer. Note: The mixture will be slightly thin but it will thicken up once incorporated with the whipped heavy cream.
- Lightly whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Using a hand whisk mix the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture on the base with a spatula and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Once ready to serve put a dollop of blueberry spread for an extra bit of sweetness.
Stay tuned for a bit of food beauty where I share the cheesecake’s photoshoot and talk a bit about the process.